September 25, 2014

Face 25 is abstract.





I am enjoying more and more doing abstracts.
It's been difficult because I love to go into details so much, and I love my tiny paint brushes, but there is freedom in a larger brush and simpler paint strokes.

In this case the flash for the photo changed one of the eyes, but I liked the effect so I left it, didn't correct it so it has an extra effect not planned. :o)

In this 29 faces challenge we are working on techniques and different ways from our usual as an exercise for the mind and hopefully the growth of our art.

 

Check my available art and online classes 
get my newsletter

5 comments:

  1. I like that color of your strong lines, cool.

    I am also trying to work on abstracts and it's challenging! I almost lost my mind thinking why it's so difficult to me, why there's always coming up something very obvious into abstract.
    I'm a writer, I tell stories, painting has been my hobby for such a little time compared to writing. I figured I'm trying always to tell stories i my paintings and now I have to get rid of that and only paint, paint and paint and not to think all the time.

    There's the challenge.

    Have a relaxing weekend and thanks for hosting 29faces, I've learned a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It's my favourite so far. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun, Martha. In spite of being abstract, you still got a lot of depth to this painting. And I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting result. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cool Martha! Really like this one!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!