February 24, 2015

face 25 made with water soluble crayons

OK. I have to confess I do not like some qualities of the water soluble crayons. Why? Because I am one of those people that has to come back later to keep adding to a painting, and being so used to acrylics (or dry oils for that matter!) I do not expect paint to move on me (read: mess) lol
But on the other hand, there are now such wonderful colors! So basically, I am not new to water soluble wax pastels... but lets say I am not too absorbed with them. At least for now (°‿~ ) I suppose I can get a sticky note remind me to spray the piece when I'm done playing...

The other crayons that drive me a bit nuts are the oil pastels. I like my work to dry properly and not need a glass to protect it.... I know you can set it somehow, but I think we get used to the behavior of a medium and not too much with other kinds.
I know people that don't like acrylics... it takes every kind, right?

 OMG... 3 more faces and I'm done!! Are you keeping up?

Check my available art and online classes get my newsletter

16 comments:

  1. I like this one with the watercolours, and I am waiting for the last 3 faces, and then?
    What do you do next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I love the "messiness" of this face :-) But I understand what you're saying. When I use watersoluble crayons I try to mix them with medium instead of warer, then I can keep adding to it. Can't believe this month of 29 faces is almost over! It sure was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so pretty! The time has flown by and although I don't post daily I do paint a face daily!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely. I just got some watercolour crayons to try and am enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet face! I love her upwards glance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I experience similar challenge when working with watercolors (of any kind), yet I'm drawn to them. Mess or not, this face is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very sweet, I love her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet whimsical face and I love the colors. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That look ... like begging to heaven is great. Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the adorable look of this face! Sadly I did not participate again this year-didn't feel I could keep up. Perhaps after some classes this year I'll be better equipped to attempt it next time:) yay for you to tackle it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have the same problems with all forms of watercolor. Love your face and all you've done this month/ Hopefully things will be more co-operative for me and I can do the next face challenge.♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel the same with these kind of crayons, they seem a bit too delicate for my hands. On the other hand I love oil pastels, they're just rough enough for me.

    She look so thoughtful, you've made a good work with the light on her face ans hair.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love her angelic little face!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely child's face. I use oil pastels on my cloth dolls faces and then spray to set (on their legs if I give them socks, I paint with acrylics though). I've even gone over the faces to make them sharper, but always spray to set after. That's painting on cloth though. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!