August 11, 2010

Change of Avatar and New ACEO

Well, after giving it much thought, I finally decided to start a new year with a different blog avatar. I didn't want to change it because I like the painting I have been using for 5 years, but at the same time, I want to use the same avatar and banner as much as possible.
So here it goes, the old icon and the new one, which I have already uploaded in other sites.




And also, I want to show this WIP picture of my new girls, in different stages of being painted:


I can finally say, after 4 years of sculpting dolls in different styles and materials, I am narrowing into just a couple of different ways of doing things, but it's been a long ride.... there is simply too much to learn and so many different styles and techniques yet to try!
All of this started with my idea of making a 3D representation of my little paintings of girls, and see where it took me! :oD

So hopefully, soon you will see a doll looking closer to my  girl paintings, something that I was not able to do before, and sounds easier than what it really is LoL

Well, in any case, I have been having so much fun painting again! I hope my joy shows
Don't forget to I have a giveaway in my past posting HERE! Ends the 15th

2 comments:

  1. I love your paintings of little girls. I've been working on the same things trying to get my dolls to look like my drawings. It's a working process for sure. I like the new avatar and can't wait to see future WIP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ashley! I think it is a bit easier to go from a sculpting to drawing, than the other way around. But then again, tons of people do a sketch to sculpt. I just have not managed to follow my own directions I guess :oB

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!