August 28, 2010

Three Divas on canvas

The title reminded me of the three tenors, but these are painted Divas. Of course one of them is Friida K!
Acrylics on 5x7 canvas board, and with a little bit of impasto look. Sometimes when I start on canvas with a lot of texture, it scares me to death! I was so sure I would never finish each of them! I really had to go with the brush to cover the surface, but I am happy with the result, specially with the half nude in blues and greens, since the poor lady was in progress for so many months hehehe The other 2 were a paint till you are done kind of art.

So, here are the pictures. Will go to ebay for a very low starting price, just for fun.

Red haired Diva:


Half nude Lady:


Frida in the night:


Let me know what you think! I need  to hear feedback to keep going on that direction. I will keep painting my little girls, those are addictive to me! But I want to start painting a little bigger size again, too.
What do you all think?

8 comments:

  1. Hi Martha ;o) I think they are beautiful! You know I love your women protraits! May I ask, do you put a hanger on your canvas boards? Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    Not a hanger, but there is actually a "velcro" adhesive from 3M that can hang paintings of any size, but this can also be framed in a small frame

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 3 diva's Martha. You've really worked hard on these. great job. Frida in the night is my favorite. I love them all though. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wszystkie są śliczne,
    szczególnie Frida mi się podoba :)

    maluj maluj :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Gloria!
    Dzięki Nika!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colorfulness of them! The Frida piece is lovely.

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work is marvelous...that is what I think :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog. Isabel Allende is also my muse

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think they are all beautiful! Bold wonderful colors..! My favorite is Frida. She is a haunting beauty~ xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!