March 25, 2012

Knock on wood!

For someone that hates software updates, and site updates, constant changes and updates, etc... This past weeks have been dramatic, frustrating "updatey" and plain annoying.
The hard drive died as you know (after all I have only said it like 50 times ha!), my husband rescued it. The new thing died. agh! He saved all my info and documents. Bought a Mac. I got totally lost, to the hilarious point where I couldn't even find the internet, or even turn it off. I can laugh about it today.

Yes, the Mac is a beautiful thing, I saw the demos and a nice display at the store. I know it is more for artsy stuff that anything else. It's just not for me at this time.
I didn't even go to the photo and video programs, for being so lost into the system. Made me feel like a cave woman! And I ended up turning my mind and efforts to cleaning the place... do you know what THAT does to the self esteem?? \( ಠ益ಠ)/ (furious face)


Also, I was not aware of being such a "mouse rubber" but with that slick button-less  Mac mouse all the pages kept shifting, changing, flipping... just because I can't get my fingers still. I learned that about myself....  Not to mention I hold it in a funny sideways angle, and that mouse reacts like the touch screens... (my up-and-down is its side-to-side motion!) Just imagine all the screens flipping and pirouetting on you. That was me LOL

So, here I am again in a pc. :o)

Unfortunately my Photo Editor doesn't want to open the pictures from the disc in Windows 7, but still works -after HOURS of poor DH working on it- if I upload them from another place.
I'm still at the "reload all the junk" stage, (and update more stuff) but I am on the path to less stress. Or at least stress about something else (just not politics, please!)

For a good while I will be busy with this project, like a cat with a toilette paper. lol


So, knock on wood and I will be back on track with the Modigliani challenge, hopefully tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by! ♥

9 comments:

  1. Glad you're back. I have one more MO left to do, and she's about half done.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, it is really shocking how much we depend on technology.
    I hope you could save everything and go back to normal soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband is the one that saved the day. Repeatedly! Poor guy, but he's the best! ♥

      Delete
  3. Thanks for my laugh of the day - have had many cats and loved the kitty treadmills!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have one cat, and he's funny. He's still alive because he has not messed with the rolls hahaha

      Delete
  4. Poor Martha!!! I am sorry for what you have been through! But, you gave me a good laugh ;o) LOL! I don't think I could use a Mac. I am a PC person too ;o) And, I like my mouse too ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy, the best part is that I can laugh about it now. DOn't ask about last week though heheheh I have not been that frustrated in a long time! But I guess that's the way it goes when the computer fails totally. We have half a life of documents in there :oP

      Delete
  5. So glad you're back in a PC, you need to feel comfortable. Hope you get everything loaded and back to normal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm a little sad you gave up on the mac, only because i'm certain that eventually you would have fallen in deep, deep love with it. but that's ok, as long as you are comfy and creative, all is well :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!