April 14, 2012

Finally Modigliani #4

In my efforts to finish this piece, I completely forgot to get the camera. Can't ever win can we? ;o)
This is the finished painting on this challenge, which the picture is a bit blurry, but I was too lazy to go find the tripod. The eyes are very dark and half defined in Modigliani's art. I like the way he makes them, but I just can't make myself go that way :oP
I have to have so much more detail and layers when I paint eyes! For now, they will stay like this, just for practicing his techniques and style, but I will come back with a revamp my way! :o)


And this is the pencil drawing, after I added a little bit of texture with gesso


Once I have the 4 paintings re-worked, I will post them and start the "almost 500 giveaway"!

Thanks for visiting and keep those paintbrushes wet!
Check my available art and online classes get my newsletter

20 comments:

  1. It looks great! I should finish up my last one.
    rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very Modigliany style! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayala this is wonderful. My favourite artist of all so fantastic to see what can be done in his style!!! I still miss the 29face Challenge I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will have to do it again... too many people feeling the same way, even myself... I will plan on it so we can run a second 29 :oD

      Delete
  4. Nicely done. I know what you mean about Modigliani eyes! they just seem so blank.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oow she has such a piercing stare....yet looks so lost and vulnerable. Can't wait to see hiw you empower her :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!
    I'm in love with all those blue hues!
    ♥♥♥
    Happy PPF!!
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you caught the essence of Modiglinani, I love your painting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Martha, I really like this painting! Well done ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home must look like a Modigliani- museum. This is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think it is amazing how well you do these. One would really think they might be his.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the painting and I'm real excited about the possibility of another 29 face challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I like this one. I think all your paintings from this challenge have been great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! Loving the color palette too. Please let me know if you do the 29 faces again...I would like to join in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You captured the elegance of Modigliani perfectly. Wonderful piece.
    Have a wonderful creative week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks just like a Modigliani work to me, Martha. Love the eyes.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful!! Very elegant and proud.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your fourth! She's wonderful! I'll check in for more challenges. I'm trying to cut back a little so it's not overwhelming, but you're on my blog list so I don't forget to check in! Happy painting!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!