April 17, 2012

Getting ready for the 29 faces in May

Are you getting all excited to start the 29 faces challenge? I am!

tip: Turn off the "captcha verification! it gives people a lot of trouble to post, and we do want people to come and post! How to do it:
1. Go to Design,
          2.> then Settings,
             3.> then Post and comments,
                 4.> then click NO for "Show word verification"...

Voila! "captcha" free!
Select "Moderate always" so no SPAM can sneak in, bur really, in over 5 years of blogging, I have only had like 4 or so Spam attempts.


So far, we have the new blog button on the left. Go ahead and grab it for your blog if you want it, the more people that play the merrier.

There's a new FB group also, for those with no blog, join HERE if you like.
Also, I made a tab up to the right, where next week i will be adding the Linky for all to add themselves and visit each other.
I added instructions, but if you need help please just ask. :o)

Please don't forget to add a label to your blog (29 faces, or something similar but use the same all through the challenge for every post)
Once you make the first post, with your label, THEN click the label, it will take you to a new page, and THAT URL is the one you copy to paste in the Mr Linky.

Remember: While it is good to practice on making a face or using new techniques...  it doesn't have to be human. In fact, it doesn't even  have to be a living thing (rocks, objects...)  ;o)  Let your creativity flow!

 Probably the hardest part of the challenge will be to post everyday!
But we have 2 extra days this time. We can use them in celebrating Mom, or painting our nails while planning the next one :o)

This time around I won't be adding to Pinterest. With all the changes and new options to print, I don't want to get in trouble or stress anyone. Better keep it simple :o)

See you soon!
Check my available art and online classes get my newsletter

29 comments:

  1. Already getting excited lol :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm going to give it a shot. Hope I can keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I so want to do this again! I participated in your February "29 Faces" and got so much out of it. We are moving next month, out of province, so not sure I should commit time to it this go round... we shall see. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Martha, I really want to join!!! I am going away with my mom for a couple of days. Not sure if I can, but I am not going to say no, yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We start on May, you have time, plus you can start late as well.... no problem :o)

      Delete
  5. I forgot to say, the new button is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss that you were doing this again?
    Will have to think seriously about it. . .
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed this as well, .... Another round? OK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to try and join you this time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have fun with your new challenge. I won't participate as I can't draw faces at all lol But sure do enjoy seeing the art created by everyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well this is a first in a few areas for me, so I hope I've done this right. This is a challenge I'm really looking forward to.

    Pam, I'm new to drawing faces ... please try. You never know what's there until you try. There are lots of tutorials on You Tube if you need some technique help. I never thought I could draw faces ... watched many, many videos and finally decided, WTH! Tried it and surprised myself! I hope you will too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am excited about this challenge! I am not so great at faces but hope this will help me get better, or just get me to make art everyday! I now have a blog as well! Oh boy! Oh Boy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very excited — and scared! — to have found this. Does this challenge happen every month? Faces are my favorite! Creating art every day, however, is a constant challenge that I've only ever been able to maintain for two or three weeks at a time before I lose steam. Those two or three weeks that I've been able to maintain it, however, were always super fruitful. Ah, the psychological fears involved in "creating." Can't wait to get started and see everyone's work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not every month! I organized this the first time to celebrate the leap year in February. We all had so much fun, that it just had to be repeated. This time around there are more people participating, most of them in facebook, we are over 90 by now (I think 96?) But some are here in the linky, some do not have a blog, some do not use FB.
      But anyway, yes, it is scary, at times stressing, but you find yourself pushing your time to make the effort.
      You don't have to finish a complicated project in one day, don't worry about it. Try things you didn't try before, mess up, blog about it, fix the painting... learn something, discover something... Just do as much at a time, and I can tell you, you will have fun :oD

      Delete
  13. I'm so excited to join in this challenge, looking forward to seeing all the faces everyone create! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for hosting this challenge, I'm really excited to join in! :) I keep trying to log in and leave a comment under my typepad account but the preview says 'anonymous', not sure why... so I will leave my name in my comment :)

    Gretchen
    www.geemarie.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what happened but I can see you now, great to have you in the challenge!

      Delete
  15. CiNdYe thank you for the encouragement. I played around a bit, but I am just not comfortable drawing faces, so will have to pass for now. But I did give it some thought.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am looking forward to this challenge. I have been drawing a face a day on my own, so I am hoping I will keep up now for real. I goofed up the link though. I don't know how to fix it. I put the wrong link in if someone could help me I will make it right.

    Thanks
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to have you in the challenge! I will check and fix the link, no problem

      Delete
  17. Sorry, I don't understand how to do the label thing. Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth, when you are making a post, look to the right of the window and there's a menu. One of the buttons is called "Labels". That's where you type "29 faces" and you do it every post of the challenge. Once you do it the first time, I will go and copy the link, just let me know when you do it, and I will fix it :o)
      I hope that made sense.

      Delete
  18. Thanks, Ayala. I think I have it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ayala, Could you fix my link, it's ready? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. OK, I think I'm in now. This will be fun to share with everyone. Thanks Ayala!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Okay, I turned it off!! Thanks for the instructions. :) This challenge is SUPER fun! Thanks for hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your readers will love you even better! :oD
      And you are more than welcome, I'm enjoying it so much too! ♥

      Delete
  22. Thanks Ayala, This is going to be fun!!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!