July 29, 2012

Sunday hearts

I bumped into this interesting Matisse painting from 1939, and since the leaves look like hearts, well, it was necessary to include it as my posting for today.


I am always and forever overdoing my paintings because I like defining edges. That is my obsessive natural default I guess, but I have been working on it, to leave a more picturesque/ stylized/ abstracted forms, so I have mixed feelings about this artwork. My first impression is that it looks like a WIP to me :o)
But once that thought is left on the side, it is a fun piece, full of "broken rules".
What do you think?

In other topics, I am rather upset that I can't follow any more blogs. I have been trying to figure out what to do and seems that besides bookmarking or adding extra links on a gadget, I will also maybe have to clean my follow list, and take all the dead blogs off (there are some dormant for about 2 years), and the doll related can be moved to my dolls blog. That should give me more space.
Why should they give a limit, I wonder? It probably has to do with programming and someone's concepts. There's certainly room in a server  or application to add a bazillion of tiny markings. At least I think so!

OK, have a great rest of the weekend, or a good Monday, where ever you are!

Check my available art and online classes get my newsletter

6 comments:

  1. I think I share your natural need for clean lines..but I get round it by using distressing techniques :D I do like that painting though, as i also like mediaeval art :D XXX
    p.s. I think you'll find cleaning up your blog list gives you much more room to follow new blogs :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this so much - the "abstractness" totally called out to me - fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the painting Martha! Lots of movement in it! Have fun cleaning up your blog list ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen this work by Matisse before...I really like it. It almost looks like he drew it, colored it, then glued it down. I like your description about leaving the lines loose and how it looks like a WIP. You are right about that...yet loose work is interesting and I think if I were picking favorites it would be loose works for sure.

    Happy Heart making! And have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore this piece!!! I had to stop and comment on this because I was becoming irritated by not being allowed to follow new blogs. I've switched to bloglovin which lets you follow as many blogs as you want. You can catalogue them too if you want. I am very happy with it!

    Thanks for your sweet comments on my painting.

    Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! I have seen them,now that you mention it.... I will visit to get more info about it! ☺

      Delete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!