February 12, 2013

A little tribute 12 of 29 faces

My post today is more positive. I decided to just think of my friend with all the good things she enjoyed. I don't want to think  of what she couldn't do or the years of friendship that we won't have.
So I will celebrate her life.

She loved warm and hot days, not cold. She moved to Los Angeles based just on the weather :o)
She loved black shoes, the color red, and  all kinds of fruit. She loved wearing mascara and perfume and french braids. She loved to walk by the beach, flowers and shells. She liked pop music and song birds, she hated cigarettes. She loved flavored coffee creamer. She liked cushy pillows and fancy comforters. She hated December and January and insisted in wearing short skirts just to spite the weather. :o)   In her mind it was always summer.
She was very strong minded, determined and independent.

I made a folk painting. It is not finished but that's all for today.


And my daughter is way ahead of me! She made 3 faces today! I just love how easy it is for her to make emotions on her characters... These are her 12th, 13th, and 14th faces:



13 comments:

  1. I love the tribute to your friend and that darling folk painting...wonderful!! Your daughter faces are adorable too!! She really does emotions well!!

    Very fun post!! Love your friend and all her idiosyncrasies!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your friend. Your tribute is very sweet and interesting. I can see why you will miss her.
    I am enjoying seeing your faces and your daughter's faces each day. I wish I didn't have so much going on so I could participate.
    Have a terrific day!
    D~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your painting of your angelfriend. And the 3 faces of youre daughter are also very good...
    Liefs, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tribute and painting! And those characters of your daughter are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely tribute and wonderful painting. Your daughter's faces are such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very sweet sweet tribute to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful tribute - that and your touching painting brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a touching and beautiful tribute to your friend! I loved getting to read about the woman behind the painting.

    Your daughter's faces are so much fun, there's so much emotion there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Martha your painting is beautiful! I know your friend is smiling ;o)
    Your daughter is a hoot ;o) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all so very, very much! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your painting is beautiful. I am glad you can remember your friend in your art.
    Your daughter's charachters are so cool.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!