February 16, 2013

New thing for me

So, since this challenge is about trying new things, today I did my effort at drawing live. We went to Barnes & Noble and after I found a book and DH found a Magazine, we went to the cafe. As I was having a teramisu, my daughter had some extra napkins and I always have pens so we started to doodle. We have been doing that for years, since I can remember! She and I sit at a table and make funny drawing, and giggle, but this time I decided to try to draw people around us.
It was hard! They keep moving and I did not want to be too obvious and make people uncomfortable :oP These are quick pen sketches that were sort of ok :oD

* Faces 14, 15, 16 and 17!
Blond guy doing some work in his laptop and notebook:


Asian young woman reading something. She kept moving her hand a lot:


Another girl sitting near by me:

 Overall, I don't think I was able to catch the real look, but it was fun.

My 4th face is a photo of a super cute kitty with 2 color eyes. They have him up for adoption but no one was there to give me info:


And my daughter, after giving up on sketching people around us, just made a cartoon of one of her favorite shows:
"-John, I'm alive!"  "-Yay! I'm so glad!"

♥ Thanks for visiting! Do something daring with your art today!
To see more "29 faces" participants click HERE

15 comments:

  1. Oh Martha... these are wonderful... and I love that you share this with your daughter... I must try this sometime too... I particularly love your third drawing... and your daughter's sketch is incredibly sweet... gorgeous work...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, go for it! if nothing else, you will giggle a lot :oD

      Delete
  2. Love all of youre sketsches. And the cartoon from youre daughter is good too. I hope the sweet kitty is getting a new home soon.
    Liefs, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh the kitty, it is so sweet! was all playful... and the eyes were so luminous!

      Delete
  3. You managed to catch not only the likeness but also the personality/mood for each of them! Wonderfully alive all of them. And great implied movement on your daughter´s. Fun experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sketches look great. I think it is so hard to sketch like that. You are right-people keep moving and I feel very self concious sketching in public.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did too Janet, we felt silly, but did our best to behave. You have to work really fast and skip details, which I am always and forever prone to do.

      Delete
  5. these are all so wonderful! i'm never brave enough to sketch in public. i'm always afraid someone will catch me in the act of sketching them!! or worse...to watch me draw!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just try it, along with sketching fast, you will learn to act nonchalant with a pencil in your hand hahaha

      Delete
  6. it really can be tricky sketching people in public without them noticing....
    i have only done it a few times. sometimes i leave the sketch where they might find it.

    these are all quite fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to give them the sketch! I was going to take a pic with the cell and then give them the napkin but my daughter was looking at me like "are you crazy?" hahahaha so I didn't do it.

      Delete
  7. Martha, I love your sketches!! You have captured everyone perfectly!! Wow! You are talented! I love your daughter's! LOL! The cat is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful sketches, each face looks so full of character. I would be too self conscious to do this in public, although I do it in my mind when sitting on the bus.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!