September 11, 2008

One minute of silence

Seven years ago I was in the kitchen, in a sunny nice day here in California. I got a call from a friend, who had just move from NY to TX a month ago. She asked me "Did you see the news? Did you hear about the accident?" Sounded to me like one of those news of crazy things that happen in New York, or somewhere far, far away.
I had not turned on the TV yet, so I was not aware of air plane crashings or how in just a few minutes the whole Nation, the World had changed.
While still on the phone, another plane crashed the second twin tower, and we cried together.
It was not just some far away buildings collapsing, not just some strangers dieing. It all was just too close in our lives. And we all died a little that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!