February 10, 2012

Day 10, another doggy

This is Burt. He went to heaven last December. But he lived a long and happy life, and now he will be remembered with this painting as well.

I can't believe I completely forgot last night when I started the background, and today to take pictures while painting! But that's what happens when I get too much into it, I don't think of cameras etc. So I don't have any in progress pics, but it is the same as in last post. I even used the same palette. Ochre, raw umber, white, blue and green, and red for the collar.
For some reason, pet's eyes are harder for me to do than humans.
The  angle and proportions are a bit funky, but I think in general, it still resembles the little Chi dog?




And my kid's face of the day, inspired on a video of a weird song called Rocketship she saw in Futurama; a sock puppet martian....?

if you like this post, share it with the buttons below:(If you read the feed, click the post title)

15 comments:

  1. The puppy's very cute, but my absolute favorite is the puppet!!!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaah cute. I fixed all my Labels on my faces. thanks for the heads up.
    www.shelinwa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great with the eyes! I think facial expressions in general are difficult to paint. Haven't try an animal yet, but I can imagine it's different from humans.

    It's hard to loose a pet. I think you made a very nice memorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovin' the dogs! Well done Ayala!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful. I think you did a great job with the entire portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful likeness :D and the sock puppet martian is fabulous :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. darling! It is really a nice one! I think I like it more than the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a beautiful job. What a nice way to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The painting resembles the dog a lot! However, I really do like the puppet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The puppy is adorable!!! Well done ;o) And, I love the sock puppet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Burt looks like he had a great life with you in your heart!!! Blessings, Mary Helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww so sweet! And a cute one from your daughter!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!