February 12, 2012

Day 12, finished the lady

I have been splashing a bit of paint here and there on the drawing I made for Day 4
At several stages I was going to give up and toss it away, but decided to just keep adding more layers of color and this morning it finally turned for the better.
I am still not happy that she doesn't want to look at me, (I love making the portrait look at the viewer right into the eye) but I guess that's the way she is. Her mind is in her art probably. I hope by now it shows that she is holding a paint brush ;oP
(acrylics, collage, on 4.5 x 6 watercolor paper)


And for today, my daughter has a mad cigarette fuming. Her own campaign to show smokin is not good for you.



if you like this post, share it with the buttons below:(If you read the feed, click the post title)

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful face! Love the cigarette too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She came out great, Martha. All those layers and colors make her really pop! Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm glad you didn't throw her away, she's so sweet...it's as if she's saying "everything will be ok" just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blue eyes... sweetness on a gray day. Blessings, Mary helen Fernandez Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  5. She has that "mmmm....paint....!" look in her eyes, which I'm sure is how most of us look most of the time :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your lady Ayala... there is something very illuminating about her... and once again your daughter's work is fabulous...

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, she looks wonderful in color! And that hothead cigarette is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She has one of those Mona Lisa smiles

    ReplyDelete
  9. The eyes on your painting, are so beautiful! Stunning! Good for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous and your daughter's drawing is so funny, love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to laugh at your daughter's drawing, it's not aimed at you is it?.. And I like te way your painting finished up with a paintbrush in her hand...great!!!..x..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I don't smoke! I can't stand the smell of it either :o)

      Delete
  12. Beautiful face! ... the girl.
    Your daughter's drawing speaks volumes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The eyes on the girl have such depth. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the artist's face (wondering what 'face' to paint next perhaps?), I don't mind her looking away because it makes me wonder - what she's thinking?? But I know what your daughters drawing means LOL, wouldn't want to put that fuming little guy near my mouth!! He's great too :)

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!