December 31, 2013

Reflections of 2013

As this year is coming to an end I'm trying to reflect on how flipping crazy it was for me.
I met new super cool people with the 29 faces challenge. The challenge ran twice and it was a wonderful experience both times. I was part of many teams in the FITW III because it was so much fun, but at the end I think I went a little bananas :o)

Also received in the mail my long waited turn for the TAP (Traveling Art Painting) organized by Joyce in NZ.

And...I was invited to be an instructor at the SoulFood online classes, which is about to start, so exciting!

Artistically, for the big part of the year, it was fun and interesting.

Cartoon made by ObLivian

In my personal life however, many things went horribly wrong. Emotionally, health wise and as family, we went on a nasty fast downhill on an unpaved road trip for months. Things are better now, but believe me, I do not ever want to feel the same way again or even remember it.

Also I, who hardly ever get a cold... have spent the whole month of December ill except for probably 4 days, dealing with a flu. How unfun is that? I have not painted the whole month. I think I only made one drawing, more like a doodle on a napkin. It was all I could handle being so sick.

I am planing to attack my pencils and paint brushes with revenge coming this January. And hopefully I will have my camera to show you (◡‿◡✿)


My wish for you is that you get many cookies, and run before life tries to kick you in the shin! ♥
Here's to a wonderful, lovely, positive, healthy 2014.
Thanks for visiting! ٩(◠◡◠)۶

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Martha ;o) Wishing you many blessings in 2014! I am so sorry you were so sick! Your cartoon made me laugh! So true sometimes!! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this cartoon!! thanks for the advice, grab the cookie and RUN!!

    Hope 2014 is good to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have a terrific 2014. I loved doing Faces in the World this year.
    Rind

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best for you for the new year! I hope it will bring you lots of joy and cookies and that your shins will stay whole.
    I love 29 Faces and FITW and will join often! The pieces I have from the FITW I and II are admired by people and they look with goggle eyes when I tell about their journey :D
    Thank you for all the fun and art you helped inspire through your challenges!
    All the best from
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year 2014 for You wishes one of 29 faces 2013 participant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a happy new year, I so enjoyed the 29 face challenge, hoping the new year brings good health and creative magic x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you a much better 2014. Hope you are over run with many happy moments.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ all your comments! ~
. .Keep your paintbrush wet!